Tuesday, 20 January 2009

Dressing your age

Worryingly I looked at myself today and thought this was an outfit my Mum would wear without the belt (not often, I can't actually remember the last time I saw her wearing something other than jeans) and walked out of the bathroom for Alan to tell me he really liked the outfit again - he'll be happy if it's true that all girls turn into their mothers then!!! I think the problem is that I am probably dressed more age appropriate here, but actually only feel about 17 so tend to dress for the way I feel rather than the way I actually am.

Jumper - Primark
Belt - Matalan
Skirt - Matalan
Tights - Primark
Boots - Priceless Shoes

5 comments:

Boutique Girl said...

Oooh, I like the skirt!

My Shenanigans said...

That skirt is fantastic, it's the perfect pop of color in your outfit!

LaToya said...

Great skirt. The print on it is fab!

Jules said...

I think this is really flattering and classy looking. I like it

Kayleigh said...

Agreed -- love the skirt, and how you paired it w/the belted top!

I know what you mean about age appropriateness. It's hard to really know what is and isn't, because although one hears about various "rules" I don't think any style rule universally applies to everyone.

There can be issues w/sending the wrong message, or making sure one isn't too risque at work, certainly. But beyond that I think you have to take a strong critical eye to the impression you generally make and just ask yourself -- "is this who I want people to think I am, am I the same on the inside as the outside projects?" If the answer is 'yes', then you're good and everyone else be damned :D