I don't usually go for patterns but saw this top in New Look and liked it so thought I'd give it a go. The two necklines didn't really work that well together though so I added the scarf. I really need a black scarf, it would work much better. Oh and I will try to sort out where to take pics again, I am so far from being an angel this pic is just funny!!
I can't believe I haven't left the house since Monday! Really pleased with how this turned out. The neckline of this dress is quite difficult to work with but it tucked into the cardi without making it really bulky. It all gave a fab rouched look across my boobs which made them look great and I need all the help I can get in that area!! Definitely one I will be repeating.
Maybe it's just me but I tend to pile on the pounds over the Winter months and then struggle to shift them until it warms up. I am so sick of all my clothes being on the uncomfortable (not to mention unflattering) side of tight. Roll on the warmer weather. Please tell me I am not alone!
It's still far too cold to go bare legged, but I managed to put a massive ladder in my tights while at my parents today and had to brave the freezing weather without them! Had a lovely day seeing family and friends back home, then came back and iced my birthday cake, but now, as it's 12.25, I think I ought to head to bed.
No outfit pics from the weekend. I've just been in grubbies for doing house stuff. If I am being honest, I have cake mix all down me right now too!! Feeling a bit stuck clothes wise at the moment. Think I am just bored with my winter things and looking forward to it warming up again and getting my spring and summer things out.
I'm planning on having a bit of a clear out of the things I just don't wear anymore, or that no longer fit. Spring is definitely in the air if I'm getting the urge to purge. I'm hoping to have a swishing party in March to get rid of my unwanted things in an ethical and environmentally sound way. How do you decide what stays and what goes? I am terrible for hanging on to things which might come in handy one day. Also, how often do you do a wardrobe clear out? I tend to do one biannually. At the beginning of Autumn/Winter and again at the beginning of Spring/Summer.
Pretty boring outfit today. My week days have been all messed up this week and I was helping in Nursery today rather than Tuesday. I do really love my mornings there. I have added the pic of Pips just because I'm a proud Mummy!!
It's been a busy few days chez Spiragirl. We've been redecorating and reorganising and generally trying to get sorted out before loads of guests stay in just over a week's time. I haven't had chance to take my pics, hence the lack of posting. Hopefully normal service will resume now that most of the big jobs are done
You may remember me lusting after a pair of boots here. Well I was so pleased to pick up these at Primark yesterday for a mere £10. Mean old Spiraboy will not let me wear them until after my birthday though, that'll teach me for using the birthday excuse for getting new boots!
I've been a little social butterfly today, coffee with a friends this morning, then lunch with another friend after nursery.We just did the weekly shop and I am totally ready to crack open a bottle of wine now!
I was tagged for this meme by Catherine at Baby Genie with a request for the a top 10 fashion freebies. So here goes.....
1. Swishing - basically swishing is clothes swapping parties. Everyone brings along items they no longer want but are still great condition, then after some time to browse/try on everyone is free to take whatever grabs their fancy. No fighting!!! Anything left over goes to charity. Great way to get a boost to your wardrobe, get rid of things you no longer wear and have a fun night with the girls.
2. Remixing - you want new outifts? Look in your own wardrobe and try combining things differently. Put patterns together, mix colours, use more than one accent colours. Use the accessories from one outfit on something completely different. You can totally revamp your wardrobe without spending a penny.
3. I'm with Catherine on the Supermarket magazine's too, fashion tips inside and a chance to look at the new fashion ranges in store. I love Supermarket clothes but it's nice to be able to look at home rather than browse with a whinging toddler in the trolley and two boys playing Star Wars in amongst the rails!
4. New Look Most Wanted magazine can be picked up in store. It's full of inspiration. Love it!
5. Craft - if you have crafty skills you can refashion items to better meet your needs or make things from scratch to add to your wardrobe. I constantly have fabric and wool lying around waiting for me to get an idea for what to do with them. Learning to knit and how to use a sewing machine are the best skills my Mum ever gave me.
6. Blogs - there are loads of fashion blogs like this one around and you can pick up some amazing ideas from them. It's great to see what others are wearing and immitating looks. Lots of bloggers run competitions too so you could find yourself winning a new fashion freebie whilst getting your inspiration.
7. Twitter - like blogging it's great to connect with other people to get free fashion ideas and it's definitely possible to win freebies that way - check out the Rise dress I won! You can find me on Twitter here
8. Fashion magazine's online. There are lots of fashion magazine's with online sites, two of my favourite's are Look and InStyle
9. If you've followed all the routes for free fashion ideas above, you should have saved enough by not having to buy fashion mags to treat yourself! (ok not officially a freebie but I'm strugging here!!)
If you have any more fashion freebie ideas, comment or contact me with them and I can add them to the list!
10. Freecycle. Join your local freecycle group here. All items offered are free to collect and there are quite often clothes and footwear being offered. - Thanks Lizz